Behavior Therapist For Autism (ABA)
Behavior Technician for Autism (ABA Paraprofessional)
Comprehensive Behavior Supports actively seeks a per diem ABA Paraprofessional!
Under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), Paraprofessionals provide one-to-one instruction for children with Autism and related developmental disabilities, in their home or community.
- Work collaboratively with a BCBA supervisor to implement basic principles and teaching procedures of ABA therapy
- Arrive on time and prepared for therapy sessions
- Deliver 1:1 instruction consistent with best practice in ABA therapy
- Collect detailed behavior and skill acquisition data during sessions and input into an electronic device, logging all hours and data accurately.
- Be responsive to the needs and direction of clients, their families and supervisors
- Other related duties as required.
- Experience/Education in field such as mental/behavioral health, social work, psychology, etc. preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of ABA experience working with children with Autism
- Complete a 40 hour Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) course provided through CBS, unless previously certified
- Team player, who can provide excellent customer service to clients & their families
- Must be reliable, punctual, and professional
- Able to independently implement programming without daily supervision
- Personal means of transportation (willing to travel)
- Seek feedback, supervision, and ongoing training
- Compassion and patience towards children with disabilities and their families
- Empathy, integrity, and a positive upbeat energy
- Be goal-oriented and maintain professionalism in all aspects of your work
- Technologically proficient; familiarity with Apple and/or Android devices.
- Professional development and growth within the emerging field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- A very flexible, per diem/ part-time schedule - many cases are within close proximity to your home!
- A rewarding experience helping children with ASD to reach their full potential
- Rates range between $17-$30 hourly depending on experience and credentials
Key Words: ABA Therapist, Behavior Technician, Special Education, RBT, ABA, Mental Health, Psychology, Psychology Bachelors, Bachelors Psychology, Autism, Behavioral Health
CBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V